Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Goodbye bums, hello gorgeous!

This morning gave me another reason to be really excited that we'll probably be buying a home and moving within the next few months.

I went to my car this morning to take Brian to work, and found out that some creep had broken into my car! I know most urban individuals have probably had this experience many times before, but this was my first. I can't tell if anything has been stolen, so that's a good sign. I didn't have anything of value in there, besides my toolbox full of jewelry tools and supplies, which thankfully was left behind.

This, combined with the dumpster fire fiasco, combined with the fact that my neighbor woke up a few weeks ago to a bum in his living room going through his stuff, makes me REALLY HAPPY to be moving the hell away from this house. It's been a great place for the last few years and I'm sure I'll shed a tear as I pack up, but Kinnear Park seems to be going downhill. From sketchy to even more sketchy.

Speaking of sketchy, the house search has been just that. It's amazing what one can't buy with a lot of money (a.k.a. a huge loan) in Seattle. We've seen it all, but I thought I'd share a few photos of some of my favorite features, while traipsing through people's homes.


Shuffleboard linoleum:




Charming yard accoutrements:




Historic radios:




Inviting showers:




Outdoor fireplaces (I liked this, actually):




And, last but not least, rustic watering holes!:

No comments: