Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wedding biz

Tonight commenced the first "Seattle women in biz" meeting. Currently the club's members include myself, Cori Ready, and Aviva Palmer - but soon I'm sure we'll be adding other women creatives and b-list celebrities.

I came to the meeting woefully unprepared. They had their notebooks open, and were poised and ready to jot. I showed up 15 minutes late with nothing. But Aviva graciously gave me a piece of paper, and I had a Wet & Wild lip pencil in the bottom of my purse. Perfect.

My meeting induced many biz revelations, but ultimately, it made me realize that I need to get back to the wedding planning advice that I promised all my many, many readers. Here it goes - my first installment of wedding planning advice.

1.) Hire a wedding planner
2.) Hire a wedding planner
3.) Hire Cori and Aviva to be your wedding planners

Seriously... I've already briefly called attention to my wedding planner, Steve Moore, for being the wedding dynamo. But I really need to drive home this point again. You may think, like I did, that you can plan a wedding by yourself -- but ladies, you need a reality check. You are a Bride. I will always hate that word...HOWEVER, unless you are having 35 people in your backyard for fruit punch and Safeway cake, you need to hire an expert. I don't mean to be snobby, but listen to me: you don't have time to plan the details that most guests have come to expect in this day and age.

I didn't even have time to refresh my lipstick, and I hate most of my pictures because of it! It's one day - and it's a pretty important one - so I highly recommend coughing up some cash to hire someone who will ensure your wedding day goes off without a hitch.

Cori and Aviva are my new favorite event planners; they began The Adventure School a little less than a year ago. Their ideas and collective fun-having are out of this world. I went to a party/fundraiser that they organized at the Crawl Space art gallery awhile back. The concepts behind the event, themed 'Winner's Circle', were beyond fresh and unique. In bride language, they weren't no bulbous-brightly colored-tightly arranged-1997-rose arrangements. In fact, it was the complete opposite. I loved the brilliant monochrome theme of white - I LOVE love that horseshoe cake - and could that girl Anne be any hotter in that mini dress?






Stay tuned for more sage advice from a girl who has gone through the wedding fiasco, and also, perhaps an invitation to an end of the summer JUMPSUIT PARTY on my deck. Yeah!

No comments: