Anyway, this long intro is really leading to the fact that, as a jewelry bizwoman, I thought I should pay more attention to this fall’s trends before I start frantically making things. I’m excited to be taking a metal smith class this fall, but with this venture, my investment into jewelry making will certainly be more substantial. So I need to get smart about what people want.
Here’s what I’ve found – I thought I’d share and then get your feedback on what all you all like right now for jewels.
Fall and winter jewelry trends:
- Jewelry is going to be big and more extreme than recent years – jewelry will play more of a role in fashion (yay!).
- Semiprecious beads, such as black onyx and smoky quartz (which I personally LOVE). Amethyst Geodes, and other beautiful split stones. I also think citrine might be big, but this might be my own opinion. I think it’s beautiful.
Kris Nations, $70, www.theadventureschool.com
- Still a lot of bone, wood, and natural clay beads. Animal prints and animal motifs - mostly tribal.
Gomeagan, Driftwood Etched Brass Flower Necklace, $22, www.etsy.com
Sprout Jewelry, Purple Snakeskin and Sterling Silver Circle Earrings, $14 (!!!), www.etsy.com
Kenneth Jay Lane, Zebra print earrings, $62, www.shopbop.com
- The always classic pearl will be integrated into jewelry design.
- Big chunky vintage-inspired cocktail rings (circa 1940's and 50's), as well as tiny stackable rings, and rings with organic texture.
Smoky Quartz Cocktail Ring, $49, www.newport-news.com
David Yurman, 18K Modern Cushion Ring (Citrine), $3950, www.saksfifthavenue.com
My wedding bands, not for sale. But created at Seattle's best custom jewelry shop, Greenlake Jewelry Works
White Metal, Gold Coil Ring, $180, www.etsy.com
- Also, bracelets are huge this year - especially chunky bangles and cuffs, and delicate chain/link bracelets.
Kimberly Baker, Ziggy Bracelet, $175, www.kimberlybaker.com
- Necklaces will range from choker length to long – but large pendants is the key.
- Earring styles will vary, but apparently big loops and circles are still fabulous.
Orno, Circular Zebrawood Earrings, $38, www.etsy.com
Shiny and oxidized sterling silver hoops w/ hand forged ear wires, $38, www.etsy.com
- Sterling silver will be big this winter. Also metallics. I also think mixing metals (gold, silver, ROSE GOLD) is super cute right now.
Juicy Couture, Dirty Glam Torsade Necklace, $178, www.shopbop.com
- Feathers!!! Crests and badges and anything ornate. Big hearts.
Fat Free, Feather Earrings, $59, www.le-fashionista.com
Telee Couture, Peacock Pearl Drops, $17.99, www.etsy.com
Kimberly Baker, Gwendolyn, $298, www.kimberlybaker.com
- The Asian look. Tigers, dragons, and intricately carved things.
Opulent Pearly Pagoda Earrings, $28, www.etsy.com
- Lace and cameos. (I am not sure about this…but okay.) And apparently people are still hung up on keys, locks, and lockets.
Thanks for listening to me blabber, while getting inspired for my future designs. So now I'm curious what everyone is into wearing, in terms of jewelry, lately. Speak up!